Are we there yet? Jan. 1? Every where you turn someone got a tray of cheese, popcorn ball, or glass of wine square in your face. If that ain’t happening, then you got parties, family gatherings, and shopping getting in the way of your workouts. Man, if we can just get to January and to our free 12 Week Workshop…right?
Today I want to give you a blitz of survival tips and hope you will share some of your own.
- Take is to a Kids Community Center.
- Take it to a Nursing Home.
- Take it to Hospice Center.
- Take it a Hospital ICU Waiting room.
- See if your kids class would like a special treat for the day and bag it up for their snack.
Yep…it’s time for the four basic food groups: Mac and Cheese, Potato Casserole, Cookies, and Sausage Balls. What do you do?
- Find the most healthy thing you can and fill your plate 3/4 full. (You probably had to bring this salad, BTW.)
- Figure out what the best meat option is and have a serving even if it means peeling off skin, sugar crust, or sopping off sauce.
- Have a small serving of something you like.
- Drink a lot of water.
If you are die hard just eat your own lunch in front of everyone. When/if someone says something to you say you just had a night of not-so-fun holiday aftermath and you don’t want to test your Imodium just yet.
Your Exercise Window is Closed
This month you find yourself constantly skipping workouts running from party to kid’s play to last minute gift grab. What do you do?
- Make a weekly plan. Find when you can squeeze in your workouts.
- Cut your training to four days and combine your cardio and strength workouts. My Work Your Butt Off cardio book has loads of upper body, core, and lower body routines.
- GET YOUR BUTT UP EARLY! No excuses ladies. I got girls who seriously get up at 3:50 am these days to get in a workout. I personally do 4-5 am daily.
Getting up buys you time. Even if you don’t workout, you can be like me and knock out the dishes, laundry, pack bags, and start the work day ( thank goodness for a stay-at-home business) all before your family hits the snooze button the first time.
Let’s hear it everyone. I want to know your challenges! I can help you, the girls can help you or you can leave your best tip like a little Christmas present to the next girl panicking about what she’s doing this week.