Here’s the six tips!
1. Sleep in your workout clothes. Most things we wear now to the gym are GREAT PJ’s. The less you have to do in the morning the more likely you are to get up.
2. Set your alarm for when you need to get up. No snooze buttons. It goes off when you have to be up to get things done.
3. Move the alarm far away from the bed. Make sure you have to get up to turn it off.
4. On your way to the alarm TURN ON A LIGHT. Your brain will sense you are waking up when the lights are up.
5. Keep a glass of water next to the bed. Carry it with you to the alarm and drink it as you turn on that light. Hydration also will awaken the body.
6. Brush your teeth. Most of us use mint flavored toothpaste and that’s a natural wake-me-up!
My article goes into more detail on the WHY you need to train to wake up your brain.