In this Facebook Live I shared my food prep!
- Pizza Trays (for me)
- GF Pasta Bowls (for Logan)
- Salad Bar (using egg and cottage cheese as protein source this week...for Chris and me)
- Fruit (for Logan and me)
- Butter Coffee and Post-workout Meal (Kodiak pancake and fruit or Shakeology and pumpkin seeds)
If you don't learn anything...PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!!!!
You must practice COMMITTING instead of QUITTING.
Food prep is where you get the chance to say, "This is what I know I will do this week."
Then you plan the things you will solidly eat this week. You refuse to fool around with a buttload of crap talk and negotiations of how you want to eat something you "feel like."
If you felt like it Sunday...then you commit to feeling like it the rest of the week.
I'm going to tell you, if you want to lose weight then never tell yourself you are choosing what to eat because you "feel like" it. Choose because it's what you planned and what you committed to.
Success isn't accidental or magic. It's thought out.
And a key question you can always ask yourself Sunday when you make your plan..."On WEDNESDAY, will this be something I will eat?"
If not back to the drawing board.
The whole first part of the video gives you the straight talk on how to get committed to yourself instead of building up your quit muscle. Start at minute 1:20. I really drive home how to commit to food prep the first 10 minutes.
Later I answer questions about...
- Why store fruit in glass?
- Should you include your kids in losing weight?
- Do you need to eat 5-6 meals a day to stoke metabolism?
- What's the deal with fasting for 16 hours a day?
And here's how I made the Pizza trays. They are so good.
- Bought shredded zucchini, butternut squash, and squash (you can spiralize your own - I didn't have time this week).
- 1 package of Italian Sausage
- 1 box of bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 1 small can of black olives
- 1 jar of pasta sauce without added sugar
- Some olive oil
Sauté the veggies in olive oil. I did the mushrooms and onions together and the squashes on their own just to go faster. Cook the meat.
Veggies on the bottom of your prep tray, put some meat on there, a few olives, top with sauce and when you reheat just put a little cheese on top. Yummy!