You are likely trying to lose weight and dreaming of a tight, toned body. You don’t picture extra, loose skin. But that’s a real possibility, and one that can cause a poor self-image.
After losing 100 pounds I had to learn to love my body; scars and all. I learned:
- A size 8 pant with loose skin was way better than a 22 size pant without loose skin.
- Naked was the only time the skin truly bothered me. In my clothes I felt sexy so I focused on that.
- Loose skin was never going to stop me from pursuing my fitness dreams.
In my PNPLive you’ll find below, I promised to show you recent pictures. The first was me after losing all my weight. I didn’t strength train at all and weighed about 140-145 pounds most of the time.
Here we have me in my clothes on a girls weekend and then one of me sweating pretty good after a workout a few days ago. I now fluctuate between 150-160 pounds depending on the time of year. I owe it to strength training! It’s one of the steps I outline in the video.
In this week’s PNPLive show you’ll hear…
- My experience with loose skin and how I worked through accepting the body I worked so hard for.
- All about the surgeries I’ve had to help with loose skin from my thighs to my chest.
- What you can do while losing weight to minimize loose skin.
- What it’s like to have plastic surgery, recover, and not be able to exercise (yes, I worried I would get fat).
Corinne’s Things You Need to Do To Minimize Loose Skin
- Drink lots of water. Loose skin loves dehydration!
- Hydrate on the outside, too! Use exfoliating soaps to get off the dead skin and moisturize like it’s your job.
- Eat foods that promote skin elasticity.
- Lift weights! Muscle fills out the skin.
- Don’t cheat on your sleep! Sleep allows your skin to properly repair each night.
- Lose it SLOWER than you want. Loose skin is worse when you speed up your weight loss. (I go into detail on this one.)
Links to what we discussed:
Keep Start Stop – worksheet for knowing how to improve your diet each and every week.
PNPTribe information – information on how to work with me and achieve a life time of weight loss. I’d love to help you finally feel in control of your food, what you think of your body, and your life.