As you know, I love a good Mason Jar Salad. The answers I give most often about them are:
1) The lettuce and food DOESN’T GO BAD. The glass doesn’t “breathe” like plastic.
2) You DON’T have to seal them.
3) Your salad will last about a WEEK.
4) You can eat out of the jar or dump into a bowl.
5) You choose if you want your dressing in the bottom or throw it on later.
I’ve written blogs on them before:
Mason Jar Salads – My video on how to make them.
Mason Jar Salad – Detailed description on I make mine. Includes a recipe for delicious ranch dressing that’s low calorie.
Another Mason Jar Salad – My turkey salad recipe.
And lately, I’ve seen several variations I can’t wait to try! Check these out:
With spring around the corner these are a great change of pace to the soups and stews we’ve been eating all winter long!
If you are NEW to food prep, this blog by Super Foods Life is a great primer for FOOD PREP!
Don’t forget, if you’ve not taken my free course CLICK HERE.