I’m often asked about what I do when I come home from vacation.
For years we’ve travelled a lot and I have it down to a science.
A solid re-entry plan back to real life is KEY!
I drop the boys off at home and go STRAIGHT to the store. We all deserve healthy, quick foods so we can get back to regular life without a fast-food hangover.
Things you can buy at the store and make easy meals from…
- Rotisserie Chicken: Pull off the bone and put on salads or use as protein.
- Potatoes: I buy baking and sweet. Microwave for 5 minutes and you got your carb.
- Vegetable Tray: It’s all done!
- Bagged Salads
- Hard-boiled Eggs from the deli.
- Frozen healthy dinners to eat with a pre-cut fruit bowl.
- Canned beans for the salad.
- Guacamole packets and a bag of baby carrots.
- Oatmeal cups and mix in chia seeds and nuts.
- Eggs and bacon for “brinner” with fruit or whole grain toast.
Is it fancy? Nope.
But it does the trick! It’s a quick re-entry plan that helps you remove your excuses.
No time for that?
Go to Subway. Buy some subs, cut up, and buy a veggie tray. That has lasted us two days before.
And, call your local Mexican restaurant. Ask them to make you two orders of fajitas and keep the chips. Grab bagged salad and you have a taco salad.
If you want it and quit making excuses, your brain can get super creative!