Today I took everyone into my kitchen to talk about why food prep is important. After losing 100 pounds I can promise you that thinking about what you will eat ahead of time is a game changer.
I know what it’s like to weigh 250 pounds. Back then I thought about food all the time and then thought about the things I didn’t like about my body, my energy levels, and more.
All that “thinking” was EXHAUSTING.
It’s why these days I like to think about my food ahead of time.
I create a plan for myself each week, make sure it includes food I love, and I get as much cooked ahead of time to allow for my family to spend our evenings together. I don’t have the time or patience to cook each night, clean up a kitchen, and still be totally attentive to everyone’s needs.
Food prep is an easy way to give me MORE time with them and MORE sanity for myself.
Here’s what we covered in the video!
- What I eat for breakfast: My famous coffee with cacoa butter and coconut milk. I do 3 cups each morning. Each cup gets 1 tsp of cacoa butter, 1 tbsp of canned coconut milk, and a little Splenda. I talk about Splenda and get honest that I drink 1 diet soda most days.
- One of my favorite snacks is a baked sweet potato in the microwave with a packet of Justin’s Nut Butter over the top. It’s so good! I buy these because I am notorious for eating PB out of the jar. Having packets that are pre-portioned helps me keep my weight off.
- Speaking of, I discuss another snack I love which is pecans. When I buy things I might eat more than a serving of, I portion it out the SECOND I get home. Come home from the store, portion the groceries, and put in the pantry.
- A lot of you loved my headband. It was a gift but one viewer has it, too! This is where she bought it.
- I showed you how and what we keep in the “salad bar in my fridge.”
- You also saw my dinners this week and I talked about my love of the InstaPot.
- These are the containers I use. They are dishwasher safe, microwave safe, and I’ve had them over a year. They are cheap and going strong!
We also discussed a lot of mindset behind overcoming depression with food. I suffered with depression for years and I really believe that what we put in our body can help so much.
And, I taught you how to get started with food prep. To start small. You know I am a big believer in starting small and building upon SUCCESS. No more practicing saying one thing and doing another.
Enjoy and if you have any questions always feel free to leave comments! If you want to join my weight loss site you can go to PNPTribe.com to get more information on my No BS Weight Loss program and membership with me! My specialty is helping women who’ve always struggled with their weight to finally believe they can do it…and then DO IT!
Click here for audio only.