Wednesday I was UNMOTIVATED to workout. I did my PiYo without problem at 5am. It was my leg workout I was dreading. Honestly, the past few weeks I've had to really focus and just get into auto-pilot with the workouts. Some are gang busters once I get started (and that's key – just start) and others I am putting in satisfactory effort.
Thinking on it there are several reasons for being unmotivated to workout:
1. I don't feel like I have goal with my weights other than general fitness. I'm a goals girl and I am motivated best with something to work for.
2. I love the running right now and so I want to run a lot.
3. Busy. Cry me a river, right? It's been tough for me to get my daily routine in order with the business, school, and exercising.
And I could go on and on but won't bore you with all my reasons.
I had to do like I tell you girls often: dig deep and on the days you don't want to put on the big girl panties. Not every day or even week you are feeling like a gorilla hitting the gym. When you do then hit it with all you got and when you don't keep up the habits!
What keeps me in line is a couple of things and I hope it helps you:
1. I have virtual workout buddies through Phit-n-Phat.com. If I tell them I'm going to do something I will. They may never "know" but I have freaking integrity and I know if I held up my end of the bargain.
2. I have a weekly plan. I know what workouts have to get done to stay in shape, what sounded good on Sunday night (and sounds like crap on Thursday), and what things I can drop because it just ain't happening.
The last piece of my unmotivation is a schedule. Since school started I have not gotten my new routine down. I used to workout first thing but now I don't have time to do what I want so it comes later. I get busy working, look up, and realize I ONLY have time for X. By looking at things honestly I know what I need to do. A little better planning and organizing.
Geesh…I always need organizing. Maybe that needs to be part of my September goals!
I think I also need to re-visit my true fitness goals right now. I'm at this point where I'm a little lost and sort of trying to decide where do I want to go? How much time do I want to invest daily? What IS interesting to me right now?
The bottom line is I need to quit worrying all the time about what's best and do what I like and what is motivating. I guess being in fitness you get a little overwhelmed with personal image, what is the optimum, best protocol, etc. Sometimes I have to remind myself I deserve to train for me and not for the business. I like doing videos at times because I don't have to "think" for myself and it takes the pressure off. I think for clients ALL DAY! I don't have a trainer anymore so it's ME doing the planning.
I am my worst critic and I need to just remember this is all for health first and foremost. I look good, feel good, and my weight is holding steady. This week's weigh in is 145.6 (146.? last week). So what if I have a little training ADD these days. You know, I rode hard for three years to committed plans; I'm due for a little ADD. It's fun trying all kinds of new things and as long as I can cross the finish line at my races, stay injury free, and look nice in my Buckle jeans I'm a pretty happy girl.