I've blogged before about the idea of a weekend and weakend. A weekend is well planned, executed, active, and filled with a BALANCE in your lifestyle. A WEAKend is where you go in without a plan you execute, out of balance from your usual lifestyle, and typically some all or nothing moments.
When losing weight you can still have a good weekend without giving up everything you love. Just plan for small treats.
Same goes for us in maintenance. Just because it's Friday doesn't mean go nuts.
This weekend I didn't plan well. I went to my safe restaurants and ate healthy during the day. The problem is I didn't eat enough both days, was highly active, and had plans to drink both days. That's a bad combination for me. Long story short, both days I overindulged at the house with cereal one night and then we polished off ice cream AND cereal at the house the second night.
Trust me, I don't keep ice cream here for a reason. I love it too much. So, after I had a good bit I just said to Chris get it out. He actually ate a TON to save me from myself. Not exactly my proudest moment but I appreciate him understanding I just couldn't have junk in the house.
Sunday was good. I did leg day, ate well, and finished the day strong. Today I did an upper body lift and cardio and was STARVING all day. I ate and kept it in line but right now as I type I am having wine to wind down after a tough day with my son. At least I'm full so no more crap eating fests. 🙂
Lessons I learned or noticed:
1. When I drink and have "saved calories" that's a joke. I end up making up for it later, at night, with stupid choices, and no "good cop" to limit me.
2. When I drink and have ate right all day I end up making a good choice later. Why do I think this is ever a bad plan?
3. I didn't realize I forgot to take a day off last week. Maybe this is why today after hard training all week I'm just a bottomless pit? I can just go most days and unless the schedule shows me a day off my body doesn't scream for a break. I need to be better at my recovery work.
4. I have been very active this month with being at the beach, taking Logan swimming daily, cleaning house more than ever, running a lot more, etc.
5. Just because I'm going out of town for a long time doesn't mean I don't need to prep. Winging it means lack of veggies and lack of veggies means more hunger!
So, today I ate more calories but kept them a lot smarter. I also got off my ass and cooked up two bags of orange roughy (my favorite fishy), some brussel sprouts with garlic, and fresh tomatoes. It may be the same meal but tomorrow I can eat that for lunch and dinner, have some turkey deli meat on a spinach salad and baby carrots for snack, and have enough to put in the cooler for my plane ride to LA. (There will be carbs all around breakfast BTW.)
It's like anything, I am only one meal away from righting the ship, and being honest with myself, I haven't done that bad. I just feel bad for not behaving the way I know I can and most of the time do. When I am out of control, not planning, and being irresponsible I feel bad. My mind and body reflect it.
When I CHOOSE to enjoy myself wisely I feel good inside and out. There's such a difference and it is all in the behavior.
So, tomorrow is a new day, I'm having another glass of wine with my husband but the kitchen is closed. I definitely feel better. Another win is journaling the truth. Truth will set you free and sitting around laying low when things are bad will just have you laying in the gutter.